The Kansas City Chiefs are the team with a long history in the AFL and NFL. TBH, after becoming champs, they are on top of the world, and fans live vicariously through Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce. But, it was not always like that. Here are some interesting facts about them:
- Despite the Kansas City Chiefs earning the title of being one of NFL’s best teams, they are not in the top half of the league.
- The team has earned a spot in the Super Bowl, making it the first time in 50 years that they have played in the game. The Chiefs defeated the Niners to become Super Bowl Champions.
- The Kansas City Chiefs were one of the luckier teams to play the first Super Bowl in 1967. They played against the Green Bay Packers and lost 35-10.
- The Kansas City Chiefs once called Dallas their home. They were known as the Texans before they transferred to Kansas City and earned their current name.
- The Kansas City Chiefs were one of the founding members of the AFL. The owner wanted to be part of the NFL but he was denied an opportunity, so he chose to start his own league. As the NFL gained steam the FOMO was too much to ignore. Now, the Chiefs and the NFL are OTP.
The Chiefs won the Super Bowl in 2020, and that is just one amazing facts from the world of sports. Check out other great conversation starters about baseball, basketball, the Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Dallas Cowboys, Ohio State Football, Clemson Football, the LA Lakers, Dallas Mavericks, Boston Celtics, Houston Rockets, LA Dodgers, and so much more.