The Houston Rockets is an NBA winning basketball team. Previously called the San Diego Rockets as it was founded in San Diego, it changed its name after relocating to Houston. The team has won the NBA title twice until now. If you’re a basketball enthusiast or simply want to learn about the Houston Rockets, here are some interesting facts you may not have known –
- The average attendance at a Houston Rockets game is 18,058 people. The average ticket price for a Houston Rockets game is 67 USD.
- Total franchise value of the Houston Rockets amounts to 2.3bn USD.
- The Houston Rockets were one of the earliest franchise to register for the NBA i.e. number 12.
- Legendary coach Pat Riley was one of the franchise’s earliest draft picks, back in 1967. Riley played for the San Diego Rockets till 1970, before beginning his association with the Los Angeles Lakers.
- The team has had two of its coaches inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame. Alex Hannum and Tex Winter. Hannum was the last coach of the San Diego Rockets.
Houston Rockets entered the playoffs of last season’s NBA championship. The team continues to struggle and thrive till date and is, perhaps, one of the better teams that play for the NBA. The Rockets continue to have great rivalries with the Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics. The Rockets are not the only team in Texas. Texas also has the Dallas Mavericks and the San Antonio Spurs – and of course the Dallas Cowboys in the NFL.