Last Updated on
Serena Jameka Williams, born in September 1981 has established herself as a world renowned tennis player, winning several Grand Slam titles as well as Olympic gold medals. Here are five interesting facts about her:
- She started to play tennis when she was 3 years old and was home schooled when the family moved to Compton, California. Here, she and sister, Venus Williams, trained under Rick Macci, until a fallout resulted in their father becoming their full-time coach when she was ten years old.
- She is a published author with her autobiography, “My Life: Queen of the Court,” released in 2009 as well as co-author of the book, “Venus and Serena: Serving from the Hip”.
- She is a certified nail technician with her own line of nail polish. She even has her own clothing line called “Serena,” which sells daily wear, casuals, as well as athletic gear. It’s no wonder legions of fans live vicariously through Serena’s life and all of her achievements. Serene and success are OTP, and that is not anything that leads you to ROFL.
- “Being Serena” is an HBO documentary that’s available to stream based on her life. She has also made cameos for comedies such as “Pixels” and “7 Days in Hell”. “Higgly town Heroes”, the 2005 Disney series featured her voice for “Snowplow Driver Hero”.
- She has created her own Masterclass, an initiative to teach tennis basics to those interested in learning from her. Through these classes, she emphasizes the games’ physical fundamentals, how to improve serving, as well as how to enhance mental focus to succeed.
We can merely SMH and stand in awe at Serena’s accomplishments, and TBH it is difficult to give enough credit. You can also follow along with other great conversation starters about interesting people and sports facts such as Post Malone, Nelson Mandela, the Celtics, Lady Gaga, Clemson Football, Green Bay Packers, Dallas Cowboys, LA Dodgers, SF Niners, Chicago Cubs, Billie Eilish, Tyler The Creator, Dear Evan Hansen, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets, and much more.