5 Interesting Facts About Lady Gaga
Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, more popularly called Lady Gaga has taken the world by storm as a singer, fashion icon, songwriter, and actress. Her talent and ability leaves many simply SMH and yearning to live vicariously through her life, amazing skills, and experiences.
- She could play the piano by the age of 4. TBH, you could say she and the piano were just OTP. She wrote her first song at 13 years of age, and started performing at open mic nights by the age of 14. She left the Tisch School of the Arts when she was 19 years old and started a band that was popular in New York’s club scenes, where she got to connect with music producer, Rob Fusari.
- The name, Lady Gaga, was inspired by Queen’s “Radio Gaga”, where the word “Radio” was autocorrected to Lady in a message sent by her producer. She responded with, “That’s it. Don’t ever call me Stefani again,” and the rest is history.
- She co-wrote songs for Jenifer Lopez, Fergie, Pussycat Dolls, and New Kids On The Block after signing with Interscope Records and happened to converse with Akon, who motivated her to pursue her own music.
- In August 2012, Lady Gaga released her official perfume known as “Fame,” the base of which was her own blood as well as semen.
- “Born This Way,” her mega-hit single which sold over 1 million copies on iTunes in under six days, was written in just 10 minutes. You can find her songs all over Youtube with billions of views along with GIFs and MEMEs on Tiktok, Twitter, and Facebook.
Stay on top of other incredible facts and information about artists and musicians such as Lizzo, Billie Eilish, Tyler The Creator, Post Malone, Hadestown, The Lion King, Dear Evan Hansen, Pablo Picasso, Andy Warhol, Claude Monet, Edgar Allan Poe, and much more.