Last Updated on
If you haven’t been living under a rock, chances are, you’ve grooved to the song “Rockstar” sometime or the other. Singer-rapper, Post Malone, released the chartbuster song, “Rockstar” in collaboration with 21 Savage. Malone has made a name for himself since, blending the musical genres of rock, rap, and hip hop seamlessly. If you wish to know more about him, here are a bunch of interesting facts that we’re sure you didn’t know about!
- Post Malone was born in Austin Richard Post in Syracuse, New York. He was raised by his father and step-mother in the state until the age of 9 when the family moved to Texas due to Malone’s dad’s job.
- In 2010, he had auditioned to be a member of a band,”Crown the Empire” but didn’t cut as his guitar strings broke during the audition.
- Post Malone prides himself on his collection of loafers. As a teenager, he saved up money from his job at a “Chicken Express” restaurant, to buy a pair of $800 Versace loafers.
- He made his first mixtape called “Young and After them Riches” at age 16, using a free audio editor.
- Post Malone had enrolled in the Tarrant County College but dropped out of the institute after only three months, to pursue his musical career.
You can keep up with amazing information and interesting facts about other music as well such as that of Dear Evan Hansen and Hadestown and artists like Lizzo, Lady Gaga, Tyler The Creator, and Billie Eilish. You might even end up SMH and throwing a GIF up on Twitter.