- The Boston Celtics were founded in 1946 as one of the eight original professional NBA basketball teams. The original league was named the Basketball Association of America and became the National Basketball Association. Like baseball and football, the league names have evolved, IKR!
- The Celtics have 17 World Championships. SMH – the Celtics and Lakers continue to battle it out over most titles ever.
- The 1984 Gerald Henderson trade landed the Celtics an extra draft pick in 1986. The Celtics selected University of Maryland star Len Bias. Bias died 48 hours later of a cocaine overdose.
- The Celtics decimated the LA Lakers in Game 6 of the 2008 NBA Finals to take their 17th Championship. The Los Angeles Lakers defeated the Celtics in seven games in 2010 to win the title.
- Never leaving Boston, the Celtics have played in the historic and iconic Boston Garden and TD Garden, both located on Causeway Street. The North Station TD Garden area is currently massively different as a result of enormous development and growth.
Don’t miss other incredible and interesting facts about sports and teams like the Dallas Mavericks, Green Bay Packers, Denver Broncos, KC Chiefs, SF Niners, Pittsburgh Steelers, Chicago Cubs, Chicago Bears, Houston Rockets, Dallas Cowboys and LA Dodgers.
Also – stay current with facts and information about other notable people like JD Salinger, tallest man, oldest woman, Lizzo, Anna Kanyuk, Eli Tomac, Billie Eilish, Tool, Post Malone, Lady Gaga, Edgar Allan Poe, Picasso, Any Warhol, plus much more.