Rapper and musician Lizzo has a sizeable fan following across the world. Most of us know that the 31 year old singer-songwriter achieved mainstream success in 2019, with the release of her third studio album – “Cuz I Love You”. We are also aware of her parallel acting career. It might leave you SMH, but TBH Lizzo has been achieving great success all along. But did you know about the following 5 facts? We think not.
- Lizzo moved to Minneapolis, Minnesota after her father’s death to get a change of scenery and a fresh start in 2011.
- Her starsign is Taurus – Lizzo was born on April 27th, 1988.
- Lizzo has worked with late pop moghul Prince, she was featured in his song “Boy Trouble” off the album “Plectrumelectrum”.
- Lizzo was the headliner for the 2019 Indianapolis and Sacramento pride festivals, and is a recognized LGBTQ icon for her outspokenness about the subject and support to the community.
- Lizzo majored in classic flute performance from the University of Houston. She was also in the marching band there.
The popstar recently featured in the movie, “Hustlers” with a star-studded cast including Jennifer Lopez. The friendly and affable artist is sure to grow in popularity as she continues to expand her work horizons and get involved in different mediums of artistic representation.
Like both Billie Eilish and Tyler The Creator, Lizzo was a big winner at the Grammy awards for her work in 2019. Lizzo also makes strong use of the time signature in music, and fans can use Twitter to try and live vicariously through her work or other amazing art like Hadestown and Dear Evan Hansen.