Last Updated on
5 Interesting Facts About Dallas Mavericks
Dallas Mavericks is an American basketball team which plays for the NBA and belongs from Dallas, Texas. Founded in 1980, this team only made the NBA finals once up until the 2000s, on which occasion they lost. Dallas Mavericks won its first NBA title in 2011. Below, we learn some interesting facts about Dallas Mavericks –
- The Dallas Mavericks was named after the TV show, Maverick, after a fan chose the name over the other remaining options – the Wranglers and the Express.
- The NBA playing basketball team sold out 704 consecutive games from December 2001 to 2017.
- The Dallas Mavericks have a 50% win percentage at the NBA. They lost the championship once and won it the other time.
- Mark Cuban, the owner of Dallas Mavericks is subject to massive fines every year for making untoward comments during the game season.
- The Dallas Mavericks have had one No.1 pick – Mark Aguirre. Mark went on to become a three time All Star and won one championship, as part of the Dallas Mavericks.
The Dallas Mavericks have had a tough time in the past, but they seem to be leaving it behind with all round performances by the team in the recent past. The Mavs will continue to battle rivals like the Houston Rockets, LA Lakers, and Boston Celtics. You can always catch up with the team on the Mavericks Live Stream available in 4K HDR.