Interesting Facts



Upcoming Shows

Jesus Christ Lizard


A part of the Iguana family, the Jesus Christ lizard is known so, because of a special ability it has. Upon, seeing danger, the lizard can run on the surface of water at a break neck speed. Also, known as the basilisk, the lizard comes with well equipped with webbed hind legs. While, their tread upon water surfaces is more of an appearance, it does not usually last for more than 10-20 meters in a stretch, and in the case of older lizards, it's smaller. With very sharp toes and elongated toes, basilisks are seen scurrying around during day time. Much alike its other reptile cousins which remain active during day time. Basilisks, which grow up to a foot's length, usually do not weigh anything more than 600 hundred grams in their life span of around 8 years. The females are known to lay around 2 dozen eggs, five to eight times annually, which hatch after about three months of gestation. With an excellent camouflage to hide themselves, the new born lizards are extremely well hidden, not weighing more than 2gms.


fact image


Rate: Rate with 1 Rate with 2 Rate with 3 Rate with 4Rate with 5 (2.94) Nature Facts Category | Review this Fact



Jack
The Jesus lizard is a sign from God that He is all-powerful and can do anything. Ephesians 3:20 says 20 God can do anything, you know - far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us. and Job 42 says Then Job replied to the Lord:

2“I know that you can do all things;

no purpose of yours can be thwarted.

3You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’

Surely I spoke of things I did not understand,

things too wonderful for me to know.

4“You said, ‘Listen now, and I will speak;

I will question you,

and you shall answer me.’

5My ears had heard of you

but now my eyes have seen you.

6Therefore I despise myself

and repent in dust and ashes.”
And Ephesians 3:20 says
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Jack at 08:37PM, Mar 27th 2014.
RSetty
Brad said: All you Jesus freaks are crackhead nuts Jesus or god didnt bless or create this lizard or any other lizard evolution did obviously are all you god botherers so daft and dim-witted? Honestly to believe one man/creature/thing created all life and the earth just proves how crazy and retarded you all are evolution and natural selection created these things and something we normal sane and sensible people call the Big Bang which was a giant explosion in space created the earth it's just so obvious and much more believable then the fairy tales you god botherers make up lol

I know its off topic because I for one easily see where the name Jesus Lizard arose from when talking about a lizard that seemingly runs on top of the water. No big deal to me as a believer in Christianity I dont see any reason to be offended. What does offend me is God bashers such as Brad. Yes Brad you, the one with the Ape men, monkey relatives in your ancestry. The one with the great, great, great x1000 tadpole looking relatives that crawled from the watery depths and evolved to walk on land. You, the sane and sensible one, that probably thinks so liberally that you don't know which way is left or right. Even if Christianity turns out to be a giant hoax in the end, is it so bad that people believe in something that teaches you to try to live a good life and do good unto others? What do people like you use for moral guidance? Ill answer that. Nothing. You believe in the big bang theory. I dont. So what. You have your arguments for why you do. I have mine. Like for instance,, since you believe in evolution, explain to me why we have "evolved" so much technologically in just the past 200 years. Did we just slowly creep along over thousands of years gradually advancing in knowledge and technology and then POW! Explode in the last couple centuries. We've grown in leaps and bounds. I dont see what the hold up was. If we've been running around for hundreds of thousands of years, steadily "evolving" in a similar pace as the last 200 years then why aren't we reading minds, flying, moving stuff with our minds, living in cloud cities, basically living like the science fiction we see on tv and read about. blah blah blah. Why are we the only species advancing like we are? We aren't super advanced yet because we haven't been here as long as "you guys" claim. Thats just one question. I disagree with you. I didn't come from monkeys or ape men,, I was created in the image of God. I dont bash your lack of belief, dont bash my belief. how bout that Jesus Lizard? lol
RSetty at 05:24PM, Mar 12th 2014.
Jesus saved me
Tenielle wrote:
If it is not meant to offend christians and soem ppl say Jesus didnt exist then y name a lizard after him if he didnt exist or isnt the messiah?


Jesus Christ is real and is the messiah the son of God
Jesus saved me at 04:19PM, Feb 23rd 2014.
Jesus saved me
Tenielle wrote:
If it is not meant to offend christians and soem ppl say Jesus didnt exist then y name a lizard after him if he didnt exist or isnt the messiah?


Jesus Christ is real and is the messiah the son of God
Jesus saved me at 04:19PM, Feb 23rd 2014.
DJ Fat Steve
Lizard Linda 101 wrote:
hello fellow lizard lovers,

this is lizard linda here to inform you that this Jesus Christ Lizard is the most impressive species known to man kind. We should envy this lizard for its remarkable skill to walk on water. Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior has blessed these little creatures. They are the God to all amphibians/reptiles. Give thanks. And enjoy.

and remember to NEVER KILL or HARM these tiny creatures.





I thought Rango was. Personally.
DJ Fat Steve at 10:09PM, Oct 1st 2013.
DJ Fat Steve
hillbilly1 wrote:
I thank this lizard is cool. it aint getting stuck in thems mud wholes like fords do. I wish I had a truck as good as this truck cause it aint getting stuck in them mud wholes. This Lizzard is so cool it dont get stuck either. Daaaang I like this lizard. It could out mud a ford.




Seriously HillBilly1...?

Take a grammar class. Please.

-DJ Fat Steve
DJ Fat Steve at 10:06PM, Oct 1st 2013.
khaynes
hero 121 i think thats cool to
khaynes at 09:46AM, May 16th 2013.
khaynes
what the hell
khaynes at 09:37AM, May 16th 2013.
Mr. Meatball
They named it tht way because, Jesus Crist actually walked on water, and so can this lizzard, it is very fascinating.
Mr. Meatball at 05:02PM, Apr 8th 2013.
hero121
bitch plzzz... i wish i could run on water like this lizard! :D
hero121 at 06:07AM, Mar 28th 2013.
hillbilly1
I thank this lizard is cool. it aint getting stuck in thems mud wholes like fords do. I wish I had a truck as good as this truck cause it aint getting stuck in them mud wholes. This Lizzard is so cool it dont get stuck either. Daaaang I like this lizard. It could out mud a ford.
hillbilly1 at 08:44AM, Feb 28th 2013.
Brad
All you Jesus freaks are crackhead nuts Jesus or god didnt bless or create this lizard or any other lizard evolution did obviously are all you god botherers so daft and dim-witted? Honestly to believe one man/creature/thing created all life and the earth just proves how crazy and retarded you all are evolution and natural selection created these things and something we normal sane and sensible people call the Big Bang which was a giant explosion in space created the earth it's just so obvious and much more believable then the fairy tales you god botherers make up lol
Brad at 10:22PM, Feb 27th 2013.
alvin
typical of this generation to focus and give glory to the creature and not the creator Himself. I pray you see the light.
alvin at 01:15AM, Feb 12th 2012.
brian
whoever made fun of GOD JESUS will be cursed very dangerously
brian at 10:42AM, Dec 15th 2011.
LEON
Whoever writes these facts need to learn how to use commas and fullstops in the right way, these paragraphs do not make sense and are hard to read, ur grammer and punctuality when writing are appauling.
LEON at 08:26AM, Sep 16th 2011.
KIRAN
DONT CALL AN INCEST AS "JESUS".

PLEASE DONT GIVE THIS HOLY NAME TO A MERE CREATURE ITSELF CREATED BY GOD,S SON. FOR GOD SAKE STOP THIS NON- SENSE.
A LIZARD CAN BE NEVER BE NAMED AS A HOLY CHRIST.
KIRAN at 04:16AM, Jun 6th 2011.
brd 2 death
i think the lizard is 1 of a kind, but this lizard has taken history..... this lizard is mind bobbleing, i agree, that god decided to bless this little creature, because, it is pretty weak, and so 1 majore deffense, is t run thx to god he wont be extiniked any time soon!!! :p
brd 2 death at 11:01AM, May 7th 2011.
Mic
Tenielle wrote:
If it is not meant to offend christians and soem ppl say Jesus didnt exist then y name a lizard after him if he didnt exist or isnt the messiah?


The same reason we keep re-telling every other good story, like snow white..or Santa clause.
Mic at 11:10AM, Apr 12th 2011.
Tenielle
If it is not meant to offend christians and soem ppl say Jesus didnt exist then y name a lizard after him if he didnt exist or isnt the messiah?
Tenielle at 04:06PM, Aug 3rd 2010.
Lizard Linda 101
hello fellow lizard lovers,
this is lizard linda here to inform you that this Jesus Christ Lizard is the most impressive species known to man kind. We should envy this lizard for its remarkable skill to walk on water. Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior has blessed these little creatures. They are the God to all amphibians/reptiles. Give thanks. And enjoy.
and remember to NEVER KILL or HARM these tiny creatures.
Lizard Linda 101 at 08:44AM, May 17th 2010.
unknown
??????????
unknown at 11:36AM, May 5th 2010.
christianlouboutinpayless shoes
l address won’t be published. Commen
christianlouboutinpayless shoes at 03:57AM, May 5th 2010.
harry potter
I LIKE LIZARD THEY R YUMMY
harry potter at 08:50AM, Apr 22nd 2010.
Sean Carroll
jesus christ got reancarnated in the body of a lizard so you should call him mr. christ
Sean Carroll at 09:40AM, Apr 14th 2010.
jcors
wierd lizard..... but that stupid they call it jesus cause it looks and acts nothing like him. and dont u guys go and say jesus can walk on water like him.
jcors at 01:44PM, Apr 13th 2010.

Review this fact (we will never share your email):


Comments script