Last Updated on
Most of us have seen the Rx Bar stocked in supermarket aisles. Some of us have sampled it too. But did you know the following facts about this energy bar?
- Unlike most protein bars, the Rx bar is made with actual food ingredients and not synthetic formulations.
- The Rx bar has a well-balanced nutritional profile, so you do not have to undergo the highs and lows of an insulin spike.
- If you want a Kosher-friendly, gluten-free, sugar-free snack substitute, the Rx bar should be your go-to snack bar.
- Rx bars obtain their protein content from real egg whites instead of whey, which is commonly used in protein bar offerings.
- The Chicago company that manufactures the Rx bar originally came up with its recipe and put it in a five-quart mixer at home to make the first Rx bar. It was primarily marketed to CrossFit enthusiasts at the time.
The image below shows the actual Nutrition Facts from an actual RxBar. The mixed berry flavor has 210 calories, 12 grams of protein, and 0 grams of added sugar and 0 grams of trans saturated fats.