Baseball enthusiast? If you are a regular follower of American Major League Baseball matches, you will have already heard of the Houston Astros. However, are you aware of the following facts about this MLB baseball team from Houston, Texas? We think not!
- The Houston Astros was formerly called The Houston Colts .45 when it was founded in 1962. The name change occurred in 1965 and the team executes spring training in Arizona.
- The Houston Astros won their first World Series title in 2017, beating the LA Dodgers.
- The MLB team holds an estimated valuation of $1.65 billion, as per Forbes. They rank 11th on the list of most valuable baseball teams in America – near the top like the Chicago Cubs, New York Yankees, and Boston Red Sox.
- The Houston Astros mascot Orbit is the only MLB mascot to have won Mascot of the Year awards on consecutive years.
- The Houston Astros rainbow uniforms were introduced in 1975 and worn by the team up until 1986. It was designed by ad agency – McCann Erickson and grew to be wildly popular.
So, the next time you’re invited to a family dinner with a discussion about the nation’s favorite pastime breaks out, you know what to contribute. The Houston Astros is a much-beloved American MLB team, and any baseball aficionado will want to know the above-shared facts about them.