George Washington Facts

in Politics Facts by

On February 22, 1732 George Washington was born. George Washington was the only of all Founding Fathers to free his slaves. Marijuana was the primary crop grown by George Washington at Mount Vernon. He was the first Mason to serve as president. Washington rejected a movement among army officers to make him king of the United States. Washington is the only president who was elected unanimously.

86 Comments

  1. This is awesome. The only thing you have to do is put more facts we need more because. I’m working on a report about this so put more.

  2. Marijuana is not as acceptable as beer, and should not be legalized. Furthermore, not everyone likes, loves, or approves of marijuana. George Washington grew marijuana (who knows if that’s even true or not) before research had been done about its ill effects, which is different from you people continuing to use it even though it may cause lung cancer, diminished brain cell density, and may be contaminated with any number of hazardous or toxic chemicals. You people are idiots.

  3. You need to do your research! George Washington did grow hemp which is where marijuana grows from. If you look in some of Washingtons writings he definitely talks about growing hemp and keeping certain strands of seeds for his “own purposes”. (If you don’t believe me you can read it for yourself: “Writings of Washington” Volume 35 page 72)

    Dig it, i researched my shit and got my stuff together. And to be honest it is similar in effect to beer, you obviously have never smoked pot. And yes, everyone who has tried it enjoys it after about 4 tries… similar again to beer I particularly don’t like beer but again i’ve only drank not even a couple beers and isn’t it an aquired taste???

    I just hate to humiliate your ignorance like this… and i’m only 20 years old. I got my life together, i’m going to be a music teacher in College and I’m a christian and believe Jesus Christ died for me. I’ve never been so happy with my life.

    Enjoy everyone.
    smoke the reefer 😛

  4. I visited Mount Vernon and they said nothing of Marijuana. Seems to me they would have if it were true. I know this is not true, on the internet, you can find so many strange and untrue things. I saw a website that seriously suggested that the Virginia Tech Massacre was a government conspiracy. Not to mention all the morons who say 9/11 is a government conspiracy. BTW I LIVE IN DOWNTOWN MANHATTAN, IT IS NOT A CONSPIRACY!!!

    Anyway… I cant think of anything else to say but yeah lol.

  5. This is an o.k. site, but I think it could have some more detail. I’m doing a paper on him and I can find better web sites than this. I don’t mean to be mean, but it sucks. And also…………………..

    Marijuana is the most gross thing is the world! I mean come on, it is sick. All I can say is this web site sucks.

  6. Fools! Back then everyone grew hemp and it was absolutely normal. Hemp was used for many things around the household and pleaple used to relax to it like they do with coffee or wine today. ABSOLUTELY NORMAL! You have to have chicken brain not to realize this.

  7. WASHINGTON DID GROW WEED …GROW TFU IDIOTS..AD THERE IS NOTHING GROSS ABOUT THE GONJA…THIS SITE IS GREAT..HE GREW WEED PRIMARALY FOR HEMP ROPE AND HE LIKED TO SMOKE THE OTHER STRAINS HE GREW AND KEPT THE GOOD STUFF FOR HIMSELF AND FRIENDS…IF YOU DONT THINK WEED IS SOCIALABLE ACCEPTABLE THAN YOU ARE AN IDIOT…THE GREEN IS GREAT FOR SOCIAL GATHERINGS AND WILL BE LEGALIZED BEFORE LONG, SO GET USED TO IT,AND TRY SOME…YOU MIGHT LIKE FRYING A FEW BRAIN CELLS LOL.

  8. It cracks me up how many people get hung up on the pot thing. Not everybody likes beer or pot. And beer destroys as many if not more lives than pot.Either one done in excess is not a wise choice. I’ve seen habitual pot smokers get progressivly dumber over time and I’ve watched beer drinkers destroy every relationship they had. Moderation people! For the record I do not smoke pot or drink much beer.

  9. If George Washington tried making a profit from selling marijuana as a recreational drug during the 1700’s he would have been broke in a matter of months. Washington’s cash crop of hemp was sold entirely for it’s industrial uses.

  10. My favorite Washington fact is as follows:

    When he was a soldier in the British Colonial Army, he shot a French Diplomat from over a hundred yards away (quite a feat with a musket). The diplomat intended to negotiate a ceasefire in the French and Indian War, and Washington did not wish to see the war end without a solid British victory.

    It’s a great story, but I am honor-bound to admit that it may not be true. The claim that this happened was made by the French, and Washington already commanded great respect and loyalty from his men – making his being discredited appealing to the French. They had a motive to lie, as did he; Washington denied having done any such thing.

  11. i think marry jane is good for u. he grew it for it enriches the soil you dumbdumbs!!! ya he prob smoked to. but back then it was legal. and normal. and mayb thats y he only had one freakin tooth during his inauguration. who knows.. lol.. just do u damn research and get over it.

  12. first of all… have you ever heard of anyone dying from marijuana? I DONT THINK SO! it is a great way to have social gatherings and enjoy haveing a great time with friends, and to this day it is used for ALOT of medical patients with CANCER, GLOCOMA and like 15 other differnt things… it hardly harms the body. theirs 420 chemicals in it. us only knowing what 60 of them are, and 42 actually HELP THE BODY JACKASSES. AND about GEORGE WASHINGTON, im sure he did grow marijuana.. back then it wasn’t looked apon badly, the only reason it is now, because of the rediculous assholes who run this country dont want it to be legal because they cant put a fucking tax on it. their makeing millions and millions of more money as it being a contained medical medicine than it being legal. as of right now people that need it for medicine pay anywhere from like 60-300 for a sack. if it was legal, it would be grown everywhere and a joint would only cost 3 cents. CHEAP if you know how much it is on the streets, well good shit, and for all you who say pot is gross, the only reason you think its gross is because people give it the image of being gross. the reason pot makes you have anxiety and parinoya is because the gov makes it seem like its bad and because no one wants to go to jail or have a huge fine to pay because they decided to hit something that makes you happy hungry sleepy and relaxed. if it were legal it would definitely do good for this country and this WORLD. shit cigarettes have a fucking label on them for christ sakes saying may cause lung cancer and DIE yet its legal. alcohol, same fucking thing! SO TRY to actually look at the world not in a way of being brain washed by the so called do gooders of this world. THINK FOR YOURSELF

  13. weed is a good thing. you have obviously never tried it if you say that it is gross and such. i mean, sure its your choice to smoke it or not, but you cant go ranting on about how bad and terrible it is when all you know about it is the lies given to you from the government. i mean, even the declaration of independence was made out of hemp fiber. God gave us this beautiful thing and there you go slapping god in the face. TELL HIM YOU’RE SORRY, then smoke a joint with jesus :)
    woo woot

    if you decide to take time to know more about weed then i suggest this site: http://www.perkel.com/politics/issues/pot.htm

    just copy and paste.

    then smoke again with jesus. :)

  14. I have multiple sclerosis (its one of the diseases that marijuana helps). I smoke it frequently and because I’m actually able to get around and do shit. Yes, I am relaxed but it also gives me energy. I know that sound crazy but my muscles sre like always tensed upo or they kinda feel like they are asleep. So, when I smoke weed it wakes my muscles up,. And when I first got MS I could not move the left side of my body, I was paralized; my brain was also messed up to were I couldnt think. Marijuana was the only thing that brought me out of that; I head cleared and I was actuallyable to move my limbs on my left side. It was awesome!!!! I hope that one day marijuana is legal, its only gonna take the right person to get it done. Happy Late 4:20 Everyone!

  15. i love weed a lot. it makes me feel like im in my happy place. i wish george washington was alive right this moment so weed was legal.

  16. I remember reading a news article that Pres. Jimmy Carter postuhmously promoted George Washington to General of the Armies (5 Star). Is this true ?

  17. peter wrote: #
    You need to do your research! George Washington did grow hemp which is where marijuana grows from. If you look in some of Washingtons writings he definitely talks about growing hemp and keeping certain strands of seeds for his “own purposes”. (If you don’t believe me you can read it for yourself: “Writings of Washington” Volume 35 page 72)

    Dig it, i researched my **** and got my stuff together. And to be honest it is similar in effect to beer, you obviously have never smoked pot. And yes, everyone who has tried it enjoys it after about 4 tries… similar again to beer I particularly don’t like beer but again i’ve only drank not even a couple beers and isn’t it an aquired taste???

    I just hate to humiliate your ignorance like this… and i’m only 20 years old. I got my life together, i’m going to be a music teacher in College and I’m a christian and believe Jesus Christ died for me. I’ve never been so happy with my life.

    Enjoy everyone.

    smoke the reefer 😛

    i love reefer and i got some killer **** bob barker ;P

  18. Earth Saver wrote: #
    MARIJUANA STINKS!!! Why would you nuts want to smoke that stuff!!!???

    This website bites!!!

    your name is earth saver weed is growin in the ground god put it her and the only reason u dont like is is because u have not smoked it enough

  19. ALKJDFOIWEJF wrote: #
    Marijuana is not as acceptable as beer, and should not be legalized. Furthermore, not everyone likes, loves, or approves of marijuana. George Washington grew marijuana (who knows if that’s even true or not) before research had been done about its ill effects, which is different from you people continuing to use it even though it may cause lung cancer, diminished brain cell density, and may be contaminated with any number of hazardous or toxic chemicals. You people are ****s.

    i am a pussy

  20. I’m a 14 year old teenager and i think that pot should be grown and smoked and used for anything that it is useful for. i love smoking and i think it’s great because i isn’t like meth or coke or heroin it’s a all natural drug that God himself put on this planet for us :)

  21. annnnd… if you people would read up on history you would know that back then weed wasnt grown for the purpose of gettin high, they used to make rope and clothes from it… and whoever said God is okay with weed should read the bible. it says you shouldnt harm your body in any sort of way or enchance your mind. HA

  22. whoever says that drug is good is an **** because you get brain damage btw us girls HATE druggies we think they are reterted its so sick and gross !!!!?

  23. If you havent smoked weed then you cant say anything! once you try you can make your opinion. stop hating. and all you stuck people obvessly need unwind and smoke more weed! its good for you.


  24. U KNOW WHAT I AGREE IF U HAVENT SMOKED WEED THEN U HAVE NO RIGHT TO PUT UR 2 CENTS IN .. WEED IS A WHOLE LOT BETTER THEN METH OR ANY OTHER DUG THAT IS OUT THERE IT IS MADE FROM THE GROUND AND NOT FROM UR KITCHEN SINK… JUST CUZ IT MAKES U HAPPY AND HUNGRY AND SLEEP DONSENT MEAN ITS BAD.. AND I DONT AGREE THAT GOD PUT IT HERE ON EARTH FOR US .. I THINK MOTHER NATURE DID.. SO BLAME THAT “BIOTCH LOL :)

  25. you are all morons. this article is not about weed. it is about president george washington. and btw, for all of you who think smoking is cool, i know several people, including my father, who are dying of lung cancer.

  26. Im not trying to offend anyone but its not polite to dicriminate a historical figure and cultural icon on the internet. Weed is bad for you and is illegal for a reason. Cops are now scanning websites for such comments about drugs and tracking addresses. God Bless

  27. Unknown wrote: #
    Im not trying to offend anyone but its not polite to dicriminate a historical figure and cultural icon on the internet. Weed is bad for you and is illegal for a reason. Cops are now scanning websites for such comments about drugs and tracking addresses. God Bless

    What cops from USA? Will they hunt me down in Hong Kong? I think that was the stupidest comment ever written on the internet. Guys please watch for cops that are scanning websites and tracking you if you write about George Washington growing marijuana. OMG that was so stupid that I can not wrap my head around it…Jesus Christ almighty save us please

  28. tired of ignorance wrote: #
    you are all morons. this article is not about weed. it is about president george washington. and btw, for all of you who think smoking is cool, i know several people, including my father, who are dying of lung cancer.

    well tough **** dude. im sorry about your dad but get over it. Marijuana is not a bad thing. Scientists have yet to pull out any long term effects from smoking pot

  29. qwertyuiop wrote: #
    all of you are stupid. america is full of potheads…. its sad. Im sure God appreciates it.

    im sure he is proud because if he wasnt why would god invent it

  30. mon wrote: #
    why didn’t he want to be prez? cam anyone here answer this for me?

    He did want to be prsident. if you can read he refused to be the KING of the united states because he believed in democracy.

  31. coolcat wrote: #
    whoever says that drug is good is an **** because you get brain damage btw us girls HATE druggies we think they are reterted its so sick and gross !!!!?

    well i HATE girls like you because you are RETARDED.i’ve smoked pot and at least i can spell things out and spell them right.

  32. u guys r all dumb as **** i smoke weed on the daily and im a beast at sports im about to graduate and go play ball. weed dont do nothing to u if u smoke it right..and for the damn girl whose dad is dying i bet its not from just smoking weed so chill out get ur guys facts about this **** first !

  33. your a domb a** who eva was talkin about weed and who dose stuff like thet if it wasent for george washington we would not be where we are i love u dr.martin luther king

  34. God didn’t create weed either. Mankind grew weed, pot, or whatever you want to call it.

    For the guy who thinks he is so great at sports and smokes weed, you are a complete ****.

    Marijuana back then was grown as a soil fertilizer and not for personal uses.

    If you think smoking pot has no long term effects, you are completely oblivious. Visit this website, and if you can read, you will realize the effects of smoking marijuana: http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/pot/f/mjp_faq14.htm

  35. Dear Smart Person,

    About.com is known for questionable content. Regular people write whatever they feel writing. I am saying their content is not backed with modern scientific research. I hope Google will stop indexing their website.

    For example lets consider this sentence on About.com website:

    Findings so far show that the regular use of marijuana or THC may play a role in cancer and problems in the respiratory, and immune systems.

    That is absurd because if you visit National Cancer Institute website you will see that they use marijuana to help cancer patients:

    http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Support/marijuana

    That is U.S. National Institute of Health and they are very strict what they put on their website. European group of scientists discovered that marijuana is not just reliving symptoms of cancer but it can also help cure the disease.

  36. to everybody who says that god put marujinia he did but if you noticed not everything in the world god put was good and if you noticed marjiunia is illegal and no comments i doing fine because thats now

  37. This is a funny argument. If your logical you can identify the real reasoning for cannabis to be illegal. 1st The government dosnt want to make it legal cause it would be nearly impossible to track all sales (the government would lose money). Also it has many, many, benefits. Not only medical use but also can be used for structural and material usage (the government would lose money). Now why is cannabis illegal, while cigarettes a perfect. Well because cigarettes arnt an all natural substance, it can get you addicted therefore they make money off of it. It causes cancer and all other types of problems. Usually heavy smokers wander off into other substances, alcohol, cocaine, (all which were legal at times). Now tell me why cannabis is illegal. Because its efficiently beneficial the the environment and society.

  38. Why can’t you people stop fighting?
    people come here looking for facts about President George Washington,
    not a comment war about weed. Marijuana can help fight some types of cancer, but some doctors associate inhalation of it with other forms of cancer. Both sides are right.
    God put it here for a reason, and it’s a person’s right to decide what they want to do with it. whether they use it as medicine, structure or material, or recreational drugs. if they are using it, arguing with them about it over the internet most likely won’t make them stop.
    I know you all have strong opinions on the matter, but please think before you post.
    by the way, i’m only thirteen, and i seem to be one of the very few mature people on here. i also seem to be the only one who can spell properly. Why can’t you people use spell check?
    ~B.C.

  39. For all you ****s supporting the legalization of weed – please remember to stand up and take responsibility when someone you know gets killed by an impaired driver; as has exactly happened with alcohol.

  40. If u drnk too much you will die smoke alota weed you just feel good and in states that have legalize medical marijuana they have seen an average 9% decrease in car crash related deaths

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

*