The Common Signs of Mold at Home

Signs of Mold at Home

Did you know that 70% of homes in the US have mold?

Mold can grow in the tiniest of areas inside your home and can contaminate you and your family members. It could be mold if you’ve seen or smelled anything unusual in your home.

Sound familiar? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Today we’re sharing the signs of mold at home so you can take care of it. Keep reading to learn more!

1. Chronic Fatigue

Recognizing mold in the home is essential before it becomes a health hazard. If left untreated, decay can lead to respiratory problems, worsening chronic fatigue, and other health issues.

It is essential to regularly inspect your home for signs of mold and take steps to stop mold growth. To avoid this chronic fatigue, consider improving your air quality.

2. Strange Musty Odors

This smell is often caused by tiny, invisible spores produced and released by the mold. As these spores grow and multiply, they create a toxic gas filled with spores that can be smelled. If you smell a musty odor, it’s essential to investigate further to look for early signs of mold.

3. Peeling Wallpaper

When wallpaper begins to peel, it is typically a result of moisture trapped in the air, leading to mold growth and rot. Damage to wallpaper can range from tight bubbles to large portions of paper peeling off the wall. In addition to peeling, those affected by mold growth often notice a musty smell in the home, increased sneezing and coughing, and health issues such as asthma or allergies.

It also helps to pay attention to hidden areas of the home, such as the attic or basement—these places are more prone to mold due to stagnant air. If you find any signs of decay in your home, you must take immediate action to remove it and prevent further growth.

4. Water Issues

Mold is often the result of water issues in the home. Excess moisture can lead to a variety of problems, including the growth of mold. While it’s impossible to avoid mold in the house altogether, there are some things homeowners can do to spot it and have a chance to clean it up before it gets out of control.

Visible mold growth on surfaces such as walls, ceilings, or floors needs to be closely monitored, and in those instances, a professional should be called in for help. It is best to address mold issues as soon as possible to avoid long-term health risks and more extensive damage to the home.

5. Unusual Pet Behavior

Cats and dogs will often show unusual behaviors in the presence of mold. Pets usually start sneezing and coughing and have red and itchy eyes due to mold exposure. Pet owners may notice their animals avoiding damp areas, such as bathrooms and basements.

If pet owner notices these changes in their pet, they should check their home for any signs of mold.

Be Aware of the Signs of Mold at Home

Mold can cause a multitude of health issues and can damage your home. Taking the necessary steps to reduce moisture and inspecting regularly can reduce the likelihood of unwanted mold growth. If you see signs of mold at home, contact a professional to help assess the situation and take appropriate action. Taking the necessary steps to reduce moisture and inspecting regularly can reduce the likelihood of Long Island mold removal costs.

To learn more helpful guides and tips for odor removal and Hydroxyl generator rental, check the rest of our site today!

About Saif Jan

A great passionate about learning new things, Blogger and An SEO consultant. Contact me at [email protected]

View all posts by Saif Jan →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *