Nowadays, we are still cooped in our houses, waiting for the pandemic to stop so we can work without worrying about us getting sick and infected. Due to this pandemic, we are still vigilant about our surroundings, we work in our houses and have classes in our classes. As we are just human beings, we tend to be forgetful, especially me! In our works, we need to be organized and plan everything; in school, we need to have reminders prepared for quizzes, exams, deadlines of projects, reports, and such activities.
What if we don’t have reminders? We would forget some important things for the day. Imagine that you have a date with your beloved tomorrow, but you forgot to put some reminders on your calendar because you were so busy with some work-related stuff IKR. Imagine if you have an important meeting with a VIP tomorrow, but your assistant was sick and couldn’t remind you that you were so used to being reminded by your assistant that you forgot to make some reminders for yourself. This creates a regretful HIFW moment. Imagine if you were still in school, and your teacher reminded you that there is a quiz tomorrow, but you didn’t write it as a reminder in your calendar because you thought you could remember it, but you didn’t. Now for this article, we will be discussing the importance of having reminders, and getting them stuck in your brain.
So first of all, what is a reminder? A reminder would be something that will help us to remember something important, may it be an essential event, plans, or a memorable moment. There are many instruments for us to remember something; some examples are; alarms, sticky notes that have your writing in it, pictures, and calendars, letters, diary, to-do lists, and many more things as long as you have a memory of it. Calendars, to-do lists, and alarms rank at the top if we are talking about reminders for events and such, but it is much more to use electronic alarms and calendars that can be found in our gadgets. It is much convenient to use them since we spend much more time facing electronic gadgets; it could just ring us if we have some plans and events. Convenient right? Let us talk about calendars, SyncGo Calendar helps us to have a more detailed reminder, and it provides software that has a background picture, a sidebar that includes calendars, reminders, weather, and notes on it and you can also hide it! The goal of SyncGo Calendar is to help people in their works, as their software can help us to work effectively. You can visit various tools and even Facebook or MySpace to get your own calendar software. And now we are going to discuss the importance of having reminders in our works!
Importances of having Reminders:
- It builds up a good habit– If you make reminders every day and fulfill them, you would set up a good habit. Making reminders every day will help you to work more efficiently. This simple act of setting up reminders will be ingrained in your consciousness, making it a part of your everyday life! This act would then place an automatic trigger in your life, and this trigger would be the one to remind you to do something. Convenient right? TBH, it just makes a ton of sense.
- It can reduce lost opportunities- Just by setting up some reminders can reduce those lost opportunities that you didn’t get! Punctuality is one of the affecting reasons when claiming business opportunities; what would happen if you were late. Wouldn’t that tarnish the great wall of reputation you built in your clients?
- Reduce future work- Just by setting up some reminders of your work, you can then plan what paperwork you will do first. By doing this, not only will you be organized, but you will also feel relaxed if you do them early. It is better not to do cramming. By doing this, you can have more free time for yourself to relax and have fun.
- It increases your work productivity- Just by setting up reminders for yourself, you can have a faster working speed. Setting up reminders is a great advantage in your work by focusing first on those big projects, proposals, and such you can ease some of your workloads. By doing this, you can then quit multitasking. However, it may sound stupid, multitasking won’t do you any right, nor would it increase your work productivity, it would just put some stress on you, resulting in slow work productivity.
- It improves your health- When we are talking about health, there are many types of health, namely; physical health, mental health, emotional health, and spiritual health. Setting up some reminders about having some breaks between your works will help you replenish your mental strength, and it can also help your physical health. You can meditate, do some yoga, exercise, and cool off from your tiring work in this free time. If you have good health, you can do more work just because of your physical strength and mental prowess. Like awareness of nutrition, magnesium, and high fructose corn syrup – this can improve overall health.
- It improves your work consistency- Just by setting up reminders for yourself and your work, you can improve your work consistency. How you ask. Well, just by only planning ahead of the work you will do, you can then execute those works or tasks faster. You can do all those work without interference since you have already planned out your way of action.
- It provides a pleasant working environment for you- Just by setting up some reminders of your work, you can have a pleasant working environment. By being organized and planned ahead of time, you will have more free time in your hand, by doing this will affect your working environment. Since you are organized in your work, your desktop or study table would naturally be organized and clean, making it easier to find relevant documents.
Now that we have discussed some of the importance of having reminders in our work, we can conclude that having reminders help us much. Reminders can not only help using works, and it can also help us improve our health; it can also help us remember to bond with our family, school works, and important events. The greatest of having reminders is that we can slowly adapt and make this a habit that would stay with us and help us through our lives.
What are key benefits of reminders?
If you make reminders every day and fulfill them, you would set up a good habit. Making reminders every day will help you to work more efficiently. This simple act of setting up reminders will be ingrained in your consciousness, making it a part of your everyday life! This act would then place an automatic trigger in your life, and this trigger would be the one to remind you to do something.
How can I make my days more productive?
Just by setting up reminders for yourself, you can have a faster working speed. Setting up reminders is a great advantage in your work by focusing first on those big projects, proposals, and such you can ease some of your workloads. By doing this, you can then quit multitasking. However, it may sound stupid, multitasking won’t do you any right, nor would it increase your work productivity, it would just put some stress on you, resulting in slow work productivity.