Before 2020, your CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE are all tested separately. You need to obtain the certificate of CCNA before the CCNP test. But now Cisco has changed. Cisco has ushered in a major reform in 2020. It will no longer be an original model, but a new one. Let’s get to know each other.
I think we all know something about it. In the system, CCNA certification no longer distinguishes multiple directions and is called CCNA. CCDA certification is renamed CCNA Devnet. CCNP certification no longer needs to take the CCNA first. CCNP examination has changed from the previous three examinations to the 1 + 1 mode, that is, one core examination (350-401 and CCIE EI certification with written examination) plus one selective examination. CCIE RS Certification changed to CCIE enterprise infrastructure certification; CCIE Wireless Certification changed to CCIE enterprise wireless certification; CCIE examination mode changed to written examination (350-401 and CCNP certification core examination with written examination) plus design (3 hours) plus deployment optimization (5 hours); CCIE recertification time changed to 3 years.
There Are Several Major Changes Worthy of Attention.
- CCIE RS certification is about to withdraw from the stage of history and replace it with CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure.
- CCIE Wireless Certification changed to CCIE Enterprise Wireless.
- The mode of CCIE examination is changed into the written examination (350-401 and CCNP certification core examination are the same as written examination) plus design (3 hours) plus deployment optimization (5 hours).
4. The new CCNA is no longer required to get CCNP certification. CCNP examination has changed from the previous three examinations to the 1 + 1 mode, that is, one core examination (350-401 and CCIE EI certification are the same as written examination) plus one selective examination.
5. CCNA examination is no longer divided into multiple directions, unified as CCNA, test code: 200-301. CCDA certification renamed: CCNA Devnet.
7. CCIE re certification time changed to 3 years.
The New CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure Will Require Network Engineers Not Only to Have the Traditional After-sales Implementation Technology Ability But Also to Have Certain Network Programming and Scripting Language Ability, Which Will Bring Several Changes.
The traditional university learning routing switching knowledge is far from enough, we need to learn more new technologies to improve our own competitiveness. Engineers who have obtained the new CCIE EI certification have higher social recognition and greater social competitive advantage, which virtually improves the return on investment in CCIE learning.
Due to the more comprehensive learning knowledge, CCIE engineers in the future will develop into the development path of “one super technology skill and multiple skills”, that is, traditional network as the underlying proficient, SDN, automatic operation and maintenance and network programming as auxiliary means, to assist engineers to deal with the increasingly complex network environment.
As the content upgrade rate is as high as 40%, a group of employees living on old technologies will be eliminated. They only know some configuration commands, and those who want to read a few books on their own and then can get a high salary should give up the ridiculous thought. In the future, they will belong to those engineers who have studied the network in a complete system, and the gap will be bigger and bigger due to the basic reasons and the changes in the market. In the future, there may be new ways to promote network workers, such as research and development and design, rather than traditional after-sales engineers and pre-sales engineers.