Travel Back In Time?

Ever since H G Wells’ ‘Time Machine’, time travel has been the topic of science fiction and has fascinated human minds – young and old alike. However, modern say research in physics shows that this actually is not possible. Particularly after the revolution of the theory of relativity, it is known that space and time are intertwined in a complicated manner such that any body that has mass causes the space-time around it to curve so that it accommodates that body with mass. In addition, although, you can move forward and back in any of the three spatial directions, you can only move forward in time.

72 Comments on “Travel Back In Time?”

  1. I’m no physicist and so it’s likely I’m wrong on this, but isn’t there some idea linked with Einstein’s theory of relativity, that if you travel faster than the speed of light, somehow time travel is theoretically possible?

    And also, would black holes be worth a mention?

    I’m not sure about these though :S

  2. If you take the most basic ideas of E’s theory of relativity, then yes that’s true. However, there’s a lot of stuff about increasing mass and things like that that people tend to ignore when they want to imagine time travel. BUT…the people who point those things out and say that time travel is not possible are the same ones who years ago would have said that a heavy object cannot fly, and that we would never have a hologram that you could see without shining a laser on it. I remember experts saying that we would never have a color flat screen, and that hasn’t been that long ago. When people say “time travel is impossible,” it means they don’t know how to do it. That’s ALL it means.

  3. To travel back in time would require every apple that fell from a a tree to defy gravity, every raindrop to ‘unfall’, every victim of war, famine, natural death to rise from the dead. Even Einstein couldn’t conceive this.

  4. mark fleming wrote: #
    To travel back in time would require every apple that fell from a a tree to defy gravity, every raindrop to ‘unfall’, every victim of war, famine, natural death to rise from the dead. Even Einstein couldn’t conceive this.

    Mark Fleming photographer?

  5. we can tell that the human race will never be able to travle back in time. how do we know because if we did descover it then some one from the futer would have come back to the present time or a time before now and told us that they had done it but they have not so there for we can tell it will never happen

  6. Perhaps time travel is possible, but it was discovered that if time travel was made apparent to the past, that it would then influence the future into never developing time travel, because the motivation that was there to develop it was gone. So, they somehow vowed to never go back… or at least never make it known that they go back in time.

  7. very interesting, although this proves and states all modern theories, but maybe soon… or eons away, we will find that it just might be possible

    when we bounce a rubber ball it will not continue going through my floor but it will bounce back

    but overall completely true…

  8. The idea that you can go back in time is somewhat absurd. What you can do is go side ways and back. What I mean is that as soon as you had gone back you would be in a different dimension than the one you came from because in that dimension you were not where you are now and and you didn’t know the things you do now; therefore it’s a different dimension. Once you jumped in that time machine, your friends would never see you again.

  9. The problem with moving through time is the human mind can only comprehend one thing at a time in sequential order. Travelleing (we call it travelling because we can’t comprehend it as anything else) in time isn’t something we need to do physically, our minds need to be able to comprehend more than one thing at once.

    There are countless theories behind this, but i love a good philisophical/physiological debate, so I’m going to share my theory…

    We are are alive and in a 3 dimensional world, we are only able to perceive time as a linear concept. In order to reach the ability to “travel” through time, we need to leave the 3 dimensional world (through meditation, death, or however you want to view it). We would then reach a state taht is beyond human comprehension, between existence and non-existence. It is this plane of existence where we could perceive anything and everything all at once, do anything, and go anywhere.

    I think that when we discover a way to communicate with that state of existence (ie: talk to the dead or capture them ghostbusters style) will we then be able to travel through time.

    Or a delorean with a flux capacitor, whichever comes first.

  10. just because you travel back in time doesnt necessarily mean that the things that have happened would have to “unhappen”. you would simply go back knowing what will happen in the dimension that you were from. The only problem (Con) I see with time travel is that one small change of the past could gratly affect the future. And since we really have no idea how or what would do this, it would be very dangerous to try even if we did have the capability. This is just my opinion. any thoughts?

  11. @ Daniel: Time does exist. How else can one ever explain any sort of progression, from the smallest level to a cosmic level?

    One of the most fundamental properties of the universe is change, which defines time. Obviously the universe now is very different to how it was 13 billion years ago, and this is surely not possible without time.

    Time is not merely a subjective, human concept. Time passes objectively and indisputably, which is why processes such as red shift are detectable.

    As for your second statement, ‘of course you can’t travel through [time]’, every single person who is alive at this moment is doing just that.

  12. I think you can time travel, but only into the future, and not into the past, this is because time always and must move forward, never backwards. You can time travel to the future by moving close to the speed of light which distorts time for the person traveling at that speed. A 16 year old boy can travel at the speed of light for 2 years, come back and is 18, while all his old friends are now 60. A “time travel machine” -could- be made by creating perhaps a simple chair or pod that vibrates at the speed of light.

  13. The universe is four dimensional space. Three dimensions are the x-y-z axes to represent a location of a point and the fourth dimension is time, which is a uni-directional vector. For instance, to locate a particle in the universe, we say that the particle is at x-y-z coordinates at a specified time.

    In physics, theoritically, forward time travel is possible at higher speeds (speeds close to the speed of light).

    Cosmic theory says that one can shift dimensions (through meditation,…, etc) which will allow a person’s mind to go back or forth time.

  14. It is quite literally impossible to travel backwards in time. You can travel forwards in time more slowly relative to others (although to you it would seem the same). This is because you would have to go faster than the speed of light, which is simply not possible. As you approach the speed of light, three things happen. Lengths expand, time dilates (moves slower for you), and masses increase. Because masses increase, as we approach the speed of light, it gets harder and harder to travel faser. If F=ma, then in order to increase a (acceleration), we would need an increasingly large force, because the mass is becoming nearly infinite by the time we approach the speed of light. Therefore, in order to get to the speed of light, we would need an infinite amount of force, which requires an infinite amount of energy, which we simply cannot attain. Then, we would have to go faster, a truly impossible feat.

  15. Unless of course you were to create the mass effect which reduces only the mass of an object, allowing you to revert the mass increasing effect of traveling closer to the speed of light…

    If that was even possible. 😛

  16. a looker wrote: #
    we can tell that the human race will never be able to travle back in time. how do we know because if we did descover it then some one from the futer would have come back to the present time or a time before now and told us that they had done it but they have not so there for we can tell it will never happen

    dont be simple minded what if there is a limit we could go back and we are before the limit of the time they discover it of the first human to time travel dies with the intel on how to travel

  17. m c wrote: #
    what sort of fact is this? There is nothing that says time cannot go back. Even Einstein excepted that.

    Wow… First off, it is “even Einstein ‘accepted’ that.”

    I believe that whenever time travel is mentioned people bring up black holes because of their immense mass. This mass, if we were to let something fall into it, would accelerate that thing to great speeds. It might even reach or perhaps surpass the speed of light, no one knows.

    The equation for relative time suggests that as we travel faster and faster, things traveling slower than us in relation move faster through time, as we move more slowly through time. If you have taken any sort of theoretical math class you know that as x approaches zero in 1/x, the solution approaches infinity, and the equation of relative time says that if you travel to speed of light, the time that things travel relative to you is an infinite amount of time, and also if you travel faster than the speed of light the solution is a non-real solution containing “i”. Perhaps that IS how we travel back in time. No one knows.

  18. We figure it out. I would know because I am visiting from 2793. Just on vacation, checking out 2010 😉 It was on sale through Expedia.

  19. the reason we havent seen anyone from the future is bc we would need an existing unit of time travel for them to get back in. we need to create it first

  20. Ok, what if i do something on earth, then i manage to move to the sun in one minute and somehow i got like a telescope or something and I wait for the light that reflected of of me to reach the sun and started seeing myself and what i was doing 8 minutes ago. Wouldnt that be like travelling through time?

  21. i’m not scientist or someone, but, if you said we can travel back in time..that is mean we will meet our self back in time, but can we think logically that we are ONLY 1, not two..
    and the einstein theory about relativity is totally wrong, time is not illusion but it was real..

  22. i can travel back in time by traveling east. then i would defy the way time travel. traveling against the way the earth spins which would make me younger!

  23. according my me (personal thought) one can travel back in time to the day he was born and not before that. and it will be like we will reliving our old times.

  24. My opinion of time travel and its theoretical impossibility or possibility as it may or may not be 😛 Is that as one guy rightly said to go back in time means essentially that you would have to reverse every single action going on around the universe not just a rain drop falling but right down to the level of individual cells, atoms and I suppose the flow of blood in living beings! I believe the theory that if you hold a mirror millions of light years away from the earth and were then able to look into the mirror you would see dinosaurs or whatever (the past) but you wouldn’t be able to interact with them as it’s just light. I’m no scientist but I think A. If you could go back in time you would only be able to view it not interact with it. B. Why should you want to? if you changed anything it could possibly make things worse and also if we could just correct everything then we’d never learn anything. C. If it’s possible and we do it that means that people can tamper with the past and influence the present in a way to get a result they want (manipulation) I think it’s a lovely vision but I wouldn’t want the power to time travel, if it’s done its done!

  25. New Perspective wrote: #
    Perhaps time travel is possible, but it was discovered that if time travel was made apparent to the past, that it would then influence the future into never developing time travel, because the motivation that was there to develop it was gone. So, they somehow vowed to never go back… or at least never make it known that they go back in time.

    Hey but what if going back in time, just means seeing the light that got reflected minutes or years ago. Like for example, that yew put a big giant mirror where the sun is, and then 16 minutes later you can see everything that was happening 16 minutes ago.
    And if we wanted to see something more from the past like for example, something from 1776, all we had to do is estimate where that light is and somehow put a mirror right there and then we would start seeing everything from 1776.
    What do you think about this?

    Anyweyz, it doesn’t have to be a mirror specificaly. Haha
    but some kind of advanced technology that would do that.

  26. Time is only a clock on a wall.

    Time = The distance of space between two points.

    So

    Time = Space

    Going back in time? Not in our human body.

    We need to now research dimensions (all meanings of the word).

  27. travel back in time is almost impossible due to the infinite amount of paradox’s that come from even the thought of travelling time, seriously though think about it, if you invented a time machine you would go back in time to change your future and by doing so you wouldn’t need to create the time machine in the first place hence paradox. the only plausible way would be to go back and do absolutely nothing at all making time travel pointless and useless to man or beast.

  28. In fact you can travel forward in time but not what people consider “time-travel” as per science fiction. If it was possible to travel faster than the speed of light then you would be travelling to the future but only you not the world around you. I.e. when you stop your journey everything is still as you left it and not the “future”. hope this makes sense as I tried to not get too technical.

  29. Did you ever think of maybe, traveling to a parallel universe. if the time traveling will ever be invented, we can easily say that it “is invented” or “has been invented” because, in this case, the time will be relative, as the position of a mass body in space… i hope you understand my idea.

    The idea of traveling to a parallel universe would be easier to understand because then, the time-space continuum would not be altered. And every universe would have it’s own continuum.

    Best!

  30. I can see what people mean by the mirror thing (putting a giant mirror X lightyears away so we can see dinosaurs, for example), but I would not call that time travel. Doing that is merely seeing light, light that still reflects images of millions of years ago. No time travel has been performed at all.

    If time is something bound up with the dimensions, surely there’s some way to manipulate it, at least in theory? In fact, popular concensus would seem to suggest that time is a dimensional thing in itself – the fourth dimension.

    Just some more thoughts.

    🙂

  31. I would like to point out a diferant angle to view. Firtsly my spelling is ****, so pls excuse.

    what is time? it is how long we have to wait to percieve something with our senses. it describes when we pick up something with any of our senses.

    so. to simplify il use light as eg.

    light travels to u in x seconds, u percieve it. bam, its day. awsm. wp.

    now u move towards it and u percieve it, sure, u reach in a faster time than x. obviously, its like running towards an aporaching ball.

    but, just because u reached the ball quicker than u would have when not running (going at the speed of light aplicable to time travel) does not meen u have traveld back in time.

    i therefore believe that time travel is imposible simply because things happen and then they are over and done with, u cannot go back in time by traveling faster than light, because light travels in only 1 direction.

    I would like to give pro time travelers the fact that, if my statement is correct (and i realy think it is, coz logicaly it is extremly sensible.) that it implies that u can achieve time traveling, by actualy moving forward in time, this up the stream of light, to go back. which is still quite interesting in itself. I doubt that this is plausable tho, becase of the fact that light disperses.

  32. btw, to add a comment on the whole unconventional part of the debate…

    anyone considered a polycosmic theory?

    not gona explain it, i feel that anyone who has a valid comment will understand what it is.

  33. People time travel all the time. Only by little amounts, but you can. Moving in a plane and changing time zones allows you to step a little amount into the future. Therefore time travel isn’t impossible, and is infact achieved every day of the year.

    Sure, not to the extent you guys are talking like 100 years but perhaps in some way using the plane/ time zone concept it could be achieved. I have no idea, but I reckon it could be.

  34. that is quite interesting, but we are not talking about cheating time as in your watch. we are talking about reliving a certain moment.

    so, ur plane theory is just as good as me setting my watch forward and claiming that i have travelled in time.

  35. Time is itself a measure. It is the measure of change. No change is a state of timelessness, which does actually exist like the breaks in a movie. Planck’s time of approximately 10 to the minus 43rd power can be called a “time quanta” and is the measure used for time. In between the different states of a time quanta is the state of timelessness or ‘infinity,’ as in ‘zero’ time.

    Reverse creation of change? Possible?

  36. Wesley Harper wrote: #
    @ Daniel: Time does exist. How else can one ever explain any sort of progression, from the smallest level to a cosmic level?

    One of the most fundamental properties of the universe is change, which defines time. Obviously the universe now is very different to how it was 13 billion years ago, and this is surely not possible without time.

    Time is not merely a subjective, human concept. Time passes objectively and indisputably, which is why processes such as red shift are detectable.

    As for your second statement, ‘of course you can’t travel through [time]’, every single person who is alive at this moment is doing just that.

    Actually, one could say that time does not exist. Time is only the thought of what we cannot comprehend. We as the human race have given such a simple meaning and explanation to the word we call “time” that most cannot accept the fact that it does not exist. A simple example is that our definition of time is only constant to use because of the gravity vortex that controls each planet. There are so many variables that make up “time” that it is nearly impossible to explain exactly what or how to control it. Time travel is a very interesting subject, but until we can conceive how time itself works we cannot even begin to understand how to manipulate it.

  37. As we know it we beleive that there is only one time line in the universe. The only way to travel back in time is to be able to make a copy of our timeline and be able to pick a specific date to go to in the new timeline. This would create an alternate timeline that would be different to ours.

    Saying this means that there must be a theory of the “first ever” time line. This will be the only time line that cannot be changed – unless it is moved forward in time.

    So the only way that we will be able to go back in time is for someone to be able to save every action in the universe onto some sort of harddrive which can then be accessed by a time machine of some sort. – So the real question should be how are we going to record and save our time line before its too late?

  38. What about phrophets that see into the future? personally I think that the unused part of the human brain could be the key to ‘time travel’ in a mental state only, i dont think the technology exists yet or in our lifetimes that will allow a person to physically travel to the past or future. and also i think the implications could be drastic as said before it would possibly mean the reversing of a raindrop, what would the limits be and what would the effect be on our present day if somebody accomplishes to travel back? I have enjoyed reading these posts today good brain food

  39. This is such an interesting subject I read every post… I think that M said something interesting and true…. the people in the future haven’t invented the source for the being to get back…or to say go back into the fututure… I for one believe that we as humans don’t have the ability to comprehend the burdon of knowing the future….or at least anythinh we have already lived… I think it would drive us insane to go back…
    The second part is, that God him self is time… and only he can travel to the past, present or future… and what good will it do humanity if we were to do such a thing, right? anyone that came to us today claming they’re from the future we would treat them like crazies!! Lol… I mean what good could we possibly do in the past? Nothing…it already happend, o and I don’t think we would be going to an specific time in our lives… I believe there are multiple, infinite dimensions! So for one you wouldn’t look the same…two, you would forgot everything, emotions, feeling you’ve live… and three, you would only have concience of human entity…in other words, it would be like being born all over again… maybe we have already traveled, its just the people who made the trip didn’t make it all the way… mentaly or possibly even fully physical…
    Given all the theories and good imaginary ideas, its interesting to discuss…. but personality I don’t think GOd him self would ever allow it…. that only a characteristic that only the Almighty posses!!!

  40. if we can travel only forward in time, so how can we come back to our time, if we went to the future? there’s something wrong…

  41. Chad wrote: #
    I think you can time travel, but only into the future, and not into the past, this is because time always and must move forward, never backwards. You can time travel to the future by moving close to the speed of light which distorts time for the person traveling at that speed. A 16 year old boy can travel at the speed of light for 2 years, come back and is 18, while all his old friends are now 60. A “time travel machine” -could- be made by creating perhaps a simple chair or pod that vibrates at the speed of light.

    I think if you vibrated at the speed om light you would die, your organs would simply be destroyed.. You know, if youre driving a car on a bumpy road long enough some of your organs can separate themselves from your body.. Now thats an interessting fact 😀 It’s nobody living in the future. We live in 2010, and year 2050 have not occured yet. We are the “future”. Nobody can go back in time and show/tell us anything, because there is nobody there to do it

  42. fpi8584760 wrote: #
    This is such an interesting subject I read every post… I think that M said something interesting and true…. the people in the future haven’t invented the source for the being to get back…or to say go back into the fututure… I for one believe that we as humans don’t have the ability to comprehend the burdon of knowing the future….or at least anythinh we have already lived… I think it would drive us insane to go back…
    The second part is, that God him self is time… and only he can travel to the past, present or future… and what good will it do humanity if we were to do such a thing, right? anyone that came to us today claming they’re from the future we would treat them like crazies!! Lol… I mean what good could we possibly do in the past? Nothing…it already happend, o and I don’t think we would be going to an specific time in our lives… I believe there are multiple, infinite dimensions! So for one you wouldn’t look the same…two, you would forgot everything, emotions, feeling you’ve live… and three, you would only have concience of human entity…in other words, it would be like being born all over again… maybe we have already traveled, its just the people who made the trip didn’t make it all the way… mentaly or possibly even fully physical…
    Given all the theories and good imaginary ideas, its interesting to discuss…. but personality I don’t think GOd him self would ever allow it…. that only a characteristic that only the Almighty posses!!!

    I think we would have something to show (like an object that was not invented at that time) if where able to go back in time. Like rigth now we could bring with us batteries or something. If the human body can “travel” back in time and stil be in one piece, than i bet almost everything can.

  43. you could travel back in time, but the same space wouldnt be there. I think our conception of time is worthless. We create many of these false structures. You could go to the future, but theres nothing there yet. If you went back in time, I think there would be more space for a new reconing, on a parallel strip to what happend before. Im just talking out of my bum here but im just trying to think outside of the box.

  44. Wesley wrote: #
    I’m no physicist and so it’s likely I’m wrong on this, but isn’t there some idea linked with Einstein’s theory of relativity, that if you travel faster than the speed of light, somehow time travel is theoretically possible?

    And also, would black holes be worth a mention?

    I’m not sure about these though :S

    I’m no scientist either but I believe you are correct. In astronomy class I remember hearing about how when light from the sun lets say, travels past a planet, at the point when its curving around a planet it is accelerated, meaning that the light is traveling faster than it does regularly during any other time. In short, light travels at the same speed all the time expect when passing around an object. This somehow contradicts the idea that light is some sort of constant, which would also contradict the idea that nothing can go faster than “the speed of light” because actually light itself can go faster than a constant 186,000 mi/sec or what we call “the speed of light”. I could be completely wrong but i thought i learned something to that effect a few semesters ago. In any case, I think we humans are such a young inhibitor that there is much we don’t know, and much we are wrong about.

  45. Time is a unit of measurement, just like litres, gallons, meters, inches etc. So it is simply impossible to travel through “time” as that is saying you can “travel” through a unit of measurement which makes no sense. How can you travel through meters or 10 gallons? And saying you can go back and forward with measurements so therefore you can with time is silly, its just your point of refrence. The only true time travel is in things like video recordings. Time is a human creation. E’s relativity to say going faster then the speed of light will allow time travel is only saying that if you travel faster then light, you “beat” the light to where it was going and can re-see what you have already seen as you have already seen that same light in the “past’. Reality is only relative to what we can see, hear or touch etc.

  46. Picture this… Light takes a little over 8 minutes to get from the Sun to the Earth. It takes 4 years to travel to the nearest star Alpha Centauri. So the image we see of it now is actually four years ago. If you could travel faster than the speed of light away from it, it would look like it was going backwards in time.

  47. i believe that you would have to go into space to travel through time but you wouldnt have to go in light speed because time slows down in space so you would just have to sit there for ten years and come back and it would be about one hundred years that had passed

  48. time travel is impossible coz even if u travel faster than light…it wud mean u ahead of light,not time…coz time itself is normally constant.so time travel is merely not a possible theory since we are in the future now!tomorrow was today yesterday….ok,wat um trying to say is that we live in all these times…i don’t know if u undersatand wat um tryna say but we are livin in the history’s present future.*wink*

  49. well even if travelling at high speeds makes you travel through time a little bit, the idea of us going that fast or harnessing that speed to some sort of calculable device sseems impossible. although we can stop time if you think of heat and cold, with cold slowing down time enough to stop it.

  50. Time traveling feels weird. Well, time concern numbers. And numbers? They don’t exist. But either way, I have this odd and strong belief that time exist.

    Forget the grandfather paradox. In order to time travel, you have to step out of ‘time’, or ‘space’ if you want. Then you can just walk back and forth.

  51. Mr. brian, i guess u have never read about the theory of relativity.. the time dilation which discussed in both special and general theories of relativity, shows that one can travel to future, but there is no way shown there, about coming back. if u read the theory, u can undrstand what i am telling. evrything depends upon relative speed.

  52. I don’t think there is anyway to travel back in time like Jurassic era or something..but you can slow down the time;)

    How?
    If you have got a spaceship,go on a trip around a certain black hole. Make revolution around it like earth does around the sun..beware not to get absorbed as Black hole have extremely high gravitational pull(which is enough to absorb a planet like jupiter..easily).
    If you can do this..time will count slow for you and hence you can be late to step in future than your friends on earth.

    Dont try this at home..it won’t work :p

  53. In theory there is a way to *cheat* time travel but it wouldn’t be the same thing by definition.

    Since everything we experience is really once incomprehensibly huge chain reaction of sub atomic particles and energies stemming from the big bang.

    We could cheat time travel if we could exactly reverse the motion of every single particle in an area. Thus creating the desired effect of time travel but in reality you are just manipulating a reaction.

    Obviously this is very impossible because to work properly you would need a machine that can manipulate everything in the universe at once.

  54. Chris Poe wrote:
    Picture this… Light takes a little over 8 minutes to get from the Sun to the Earth. It takes 4 years to travel to the nearest star Alpha Centauri. So the image we see of it now is actually four years ago. If you could travel faster than the speed of light away from it, it would look like it was going backwards in time.

    //My car travels a ‘X’ distance in 1 hour and my wife’s car same ‘X’ distance in 40 mins… How can this mean that she is going backwards in time.//
    This is for the example of light you have given.. Light years is just a unit of measurement.

  55. Veerendra wrote:

    Chris Poe wrote:
    Picture this… Light takes a little over 8 minutes to get from the Sun to the Earth. It takes 4 years to travel to the nearest star Alpha Centauri. So the image we see of it now is actually four years ago. If you could travel faster than the speed of light away from it, it would look like it was going backwards in time.

    //My car travels a ‘X’ distance in 1 hour and my wife’s car same ‘X’ distance in 40 mins… How can this mean that she is going backwards in time.//
    This is for the example of light you have given.. Light years is just a unit of measurement.

    If you were to move faster than light away from light you would “outrun” that light and you wouldn’t be able to see anything behind you at all.

    But I get what @Chris Poe had been trying to say, it would *appear* to be reversing, it would not actually be reversing @Veerendra.

    If we were to move at light speed in the same direction as the light from a star we would see no change at all.

    And while I cannot speak for how we would perceive light if it entered our eyes at faster than light speed, if we were to accelerate towards a star we would see it age faster than normal, or perceive time as being “fast forwarded” until we actually get to said star, then we would be seeing it in “real time”.

    And I suppose in an insanely small way, this is true for everything we see.

  56. ste wrote:
    What about phrophets that see into the future? personally I think that the unused part of the human brain could be the key to ‘time travel’ in a mental state only, i dont think the technology exists yet or in our lifetimes that will allow a person to physically travel to the past or future. and also i think the implications could be drastic as said before it would possibly mean the reversing of a raindrop, what would the limits be and what would the effect be on our present day if somebody accomplishes to travel back? I have enjoyed reading these posts today good brain food

    u r right what about prophets ….
    i would agree with article.
    that we could trevel ahead of time in future but not in past…

  57. Travelling back in time is simply impossible, or, It will make the laws of physics “messy”. When you travel in time and Killed your self BEFORE you got back in time then wouldn’t that mean you don’t exist when you traveled back in time? then how would you have killed yourself if you didn’t exist?

    Also….

    If time travel was to become possible wouldn’t that mean we should be seeing people from the future?

    WAIT….

    IF you can travel back in time, it would only simply mean you can only WATCH. In other words you can’t change anything AT ALL because it could alter the timeline.

  58. Scientific wrote:
    Travelling back in time is simply impossible, or, It will make the laws of physics “messy”. When you travel in time and Killed your self BEFORE you got back in time then wouldn’t that mean you don’t exist when you traveled back in time? then how would you have killed yourself if you didn’t exist?

    Also….

    If time travel was to become possible wouldn’t that mean we should be seeing people from the future?

    WAIT….

    IF you can travel back in time, it would only simply mean you can only WATCH. In other words you can’t change anything AT ALL because it could alter the timeline.

    This may sound silly but I believe the logic is sound,

    If the technology to travel through time will eventually exist perhaps those that would use it are just to smart to be detected because they don’t want to create any paradoxes such as the one you mentioned.

    Another interesting concept would be to say what if?

    What if I will eventually, successfully build a time machine, I don’t know it now -but I will. Now say I have vowed that if I had a time machine I would go back in time and make myself rich.

    The effects should happen immediately because my future self will accomplish the goal before I decide on it, thus changing the course of time and that future self would cease to exist as if I become rich before wanting to I would not create the machine.

    And for a final little thought provoking “tid-bit” who’s to say time machines haven’t already been created to achieve dreams and goals, and the act of achieving said goal makes the events of making the machine cease to exist without leaving any evidence at all.(Insert “Twilight Zone” theme song here)

  59. Actually time travel Is happening right now, because time is faster the farther you get from earth, astronauts are traveling at a rate of 14 seconds into the future, and here on earth we are traveling at 1 second into the future. Also if you took a trip into space for a mission that lasts 10 years to you, 100 years would have passed from the time you left to the time you returned. I may only be 12 and I’m pretty sure I’m right, probably not though, I hope this helped. 🙂

  60. actully if the distance between two cities is 100kms and if we go with the speed of 100kms we will reach in 1 hrs but if we double the speed time will just half i,e 1/2 hrs in the same way if we further double the speed i,e 400km/hrsthe time will further half i’e we will reach in 15mins ,7.5mins with the speed 800kms/hrs. In the same way with the increase of speed time reduceses and atime comes time can come to the minus i,e few secs before we are and furthe few mins before we are. NOTHING IS IMPOSIBLE IN THIS WORLD DONT THINK IT IS IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW WE HAVE TO EXPLORE IT, TELL ME 100YEARS BACK DID MEN THINK TO REACH ON THE MOON THEY MAY SAY THE SAME THAT IT IS NOT POSSIBLE. SO IT IS POSSIBLE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *